Rune Dragons Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for Eldemore staff and senior members to chat

2 posters

Skylands-- Dragon Rider rp

Skylands-- Dragon Rider rp - Page 2 Empty Re: Skylands-- Dragon Rider rp

Post  Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:18 am

Commander Shepard wrote:
    [Yep, you look all set! Thanks for dealing with that, and I can't wait to see how all of this goes Very Happy Tuesday can't come soon enough xD]
    ((Hurray! <3
    So now, it's you, Bena, Skee, and me ><
    Can't wait for tomorrow <3 I'll stop posting non-rp stuff now ^^))

Post  Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:22 am

(... but tomorrow's Saturday Razz Anyway, I also noticed your dragon lacks a name xD Which is fine, honestly, as long as he's named during the training part of the rp, I'll update it then. I've just got him listed as ??? for now.]

Post  Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:21 pm

((Oops, forgot to mention, his name is 'Moineau'
    Which is French for 'sparrow'; due to his size and coloring :3...
    right. It's Saturday ;A;
    And I will have to make my first post next Sunday or so.
    There is a big school-entrance test which will decide the next 3 years of my life >> and I want to do well on it ^^; thank you!))

Skylands-- Dragon Rider rp - Page 2 Empty Skylands--Alara's Form

Post  Guest Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Username:
    SpartanAmethyst; either Spartan or Ami.
    Character name:
    Alara Seraph
    Personality:
    Silent and cautious, Alara is more of the shy but confident type. She knows her limitations and prefers not to go outside of them, typically only staying within the confines of things that are familiar to her. Despite her cautious nature, though, she's always very friendly and welcoming. She always has a smile for everyone, and does like to meet new people and every once and awhile she's willing to find an adventure. She's typically a very happy girl, loyal as a pit bull, and will stand by what she believes until her dying breath.
    On her down side, though, she prefers to keep her problems to herself. She can be a little reclusive every now and again, and may run away from things she thinks are scary or not familiar to her. She's not too fond of change, and any major alterations to life can result in her becoming nervous and a bit distant from others.
    Appearance:
    Tall but very light, barely hitting the 120 lb mark. She has a good bit of strength, though her leg and arm muscles are more developed towards running and climbing. This causes her to be weak when it comes to hand-to-hand combat and tests of strength. Her skin is tanned from many days spent in the sun, her face delicate with fine features and soft eyes. Her lips are somewhat small, but they're usual in a welcoming smile to anyone she meets. Her eyes are a vibrant crystal blue, and her long straight hair is a golden brown color and typically tied back into a pony tail. On the black band that ties her hair back is a crystal dragon's head, an accessory passed down to her from her great grandmother, who made it in her husband's forge. She typically wears jeans and a black tank top, nothing very fancy but more practical than anything.(Correct me on the clothes if I'm wrong <3)
    History:
    Born into a normal family, not rich but not poor, Alara didn't really have much of an outstanding bloodline. Her mother was a "stay at home" mom, her father a watchmaker by trade. She was the second born of four children, an older brother and two younger (twin) sisters. She was pretty popular school, being very pretty as well as very kind. She had many friends from all different walks of life, so she was never alone unless she wanted to be.
    In "high school", she was a star athlete. Her light body made her excellent on the track, a runner with both speed and endurance. She was confident in her abilities to run, and that won her quite a few medals, I suppose. Alara was very social despite her quiet nature, and was constantly going out with friends (though no relationships ever went farther than that). She graduated the month she turned 18, and contented herself with helping her father in the shop.
    On her 18th birthday, however, her older brother entered her name into the academy as more of a joke than anything. When Alara received the message, she thought it was a glitch or a prank. When she contacted the academy and found the acceptance to be real, she sought out her brother for an explanation. the entire family was overjoyed, of course; Alara was going to be a rider! Alara, though, was the cautious one, but she didn't dare disappoint her parents. She slept on it, and the next morning, she packed her bags to move to the Rider Academy.
    Elemental affinity:
    Wind
    Powers:

• 1. Light Feet
      Her passive power is light feet; she moves silently and easily in most terrains, making her very good at sneaking around undetected.
    • 2. Cyclone
      An attack of varying damage. At it's least, it can stir up dirt and sand to reduce visibility; at its strongest, it can pick up debris that can cause damage and can throw a dragon in flight off balance. The more powerful the variant, the more energy and concentration she uses up. She prefers not to use this attack because it makes her very tired very easily.

Other: She loves to use miniature bursts of wind to tease people or play a form of "tag" with her dragon.
    Theme song? "Chasing the Sun" by the Wanted.
    ---------------
    Dragon information:
    Name:
    Daemon; it's a Greek name translating to "guardian spirit".
    Personality:
    Quiet more out of being antisocial, Daemon is more of the type to listen and learn rather than speak. He prefers to remain mysterious and learn about others, studying both their strengths and weaknesses. Typically a very emotionless individual, the only person he ever shows emotion to is Alara. He's very loving and attached to her, and he's very loyal. His stern blue eyes mirror her softness when they look at each other. The one thing he's not afraid to do is nuzzle her in public, as he's very possessive and can tend to be very aggressive when someone threatens her.
    Appearance:
    As an egg, his shell was white with tendrils of sky blue creating a complicated pattern across the smooth surface.
    I am creating his full grown reference as we speak. I'll have it up soon.
    Elemental affinity and powers:
    He's Wind as well.
    Powers:

• 1. Wind Slash
      A fast and effective attack of claws against his enemy.
    • 2. Stability
      Passive ability. Gives him stronger wings and a greater sense of balance, making him twice as hard to knock out of the sky. It also gives him greater speed, though his endurance is unaffected.

Other: None.

Last edited by SpartanAmethyst on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added to form.)

Post  Guest Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:01 am

(Not bad, but I would like to see a few more negative traits on your character-- as it is, there don't seem to be any major physical or character flaws in her. Both characters also need to have one power removed-- I will allow more abilities to develop later on, but the rules clearly outline what all characters may have: two passive abilities, or one passive and one active, or two active abilities. You can't start off with three. Also, the regeneration ability will not be allowed, period, not as long as Deamon has the wind element. There's just no connection there, it'd be something more suited to earth or light-based abilities.

ETA: Dracos, the last bit also applies to you, I noticed your characters also have three powers each xD Just remove one on each. Your history also needs a small amend-- she can't be the best in hand-to-hand combat in the Academy *they haven't even entered the Academy yet is all xD Though, since you brought it up, I actually can't imagine any reason they would teach that there. The only real combat training they'd have would deal exclusively with working on dragonback, and possibly some firearms training for the big mission to the surface*, but I will allow for some like, martial arts/self-defense training if you wish ^^ That's all though, once that's done you'll be in.

ETA 2: @Sarill: Looks good Smile Welcome to the rp!)

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:53 am

Anything else Shep? >3

Post  Guest Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:20 pm

(Yours and Spartan's characters look all set, and the front page has been updated with all characters Smile I think everyone who wanted to join in has finished their forms, but I'll leave this open for one more day in case anyone else wants to join/anyone wants to edit things.)

Post  Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:48 am

(Uh...hasn't a day passed yet? x3 I can't wait to start >//<~)

Post  Guest Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 pm

(Is this still going to start eventualy?)

Post  Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:46 am

(Urgh. I'm so sorry about the delay, I've been under a really horrible spell of writer's block... probably due to dreading the coming month xD Anyway, I actually do have a full idea for an intro *sadly, I lost it by navigating away from the page, so I have to re-write it all >.<*, and will edit this post to include it soon.)

Post  Guest Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:19 am

(Oh, I see Commander! Hope next month won't be too terrible for you >//<
    Reserving this post for my intro as well :'D
    I'll write when Commander does ^^ so I can make sure I'm doing the right thing xD)

Post  Guest Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:44 am

(Sooooo.... let's get this thing going Very Happy I thank you all so much for your patience in this, and for not hating me for taking so long xD ... or at least not saying you hate me. That also works.)

Charlotte took a deep breath, smoothing the wrinkles out of her shirt as much as possible. Her family had worked hard to scrape together enough money for this one set of proper clothes, and she had been acting rather paranoid over it ever since she first unwrapped the garments. Hopefully they would last-- they would have to last. After all, how many formal events could there be, and how badly could they really wear things out? Her work clothes would do for all other occasions, even if she still felt that little twinge of shame, looking so shabby next to most others.

'No. You're not going to feel that any more,' she told herself as she looked out of the skycar's window; they were drawing closer to the student lodgings. She had been chosen to become a Rider, right? The most prestigious job known in the Skylands, what did it matter if most of her things were hand-me-downs? It just proved how good she was, how much she deserved to be there, right?

Right.

She smiled to herself (though it was quite clearly forced to some degree) as the car touched down on the grounds. The building ahead was elegantly designed, much like the beautiful manors once common on the ground below and so very unlike the tall apartment buildings most citizens lived in; it even outstripped most of the individual houses she had seen in the wealthier districts. Her eyes widened when she noticed the plants set out front, curved pots full of grass and bright little flowers, and the more she looked, the more plants she saw, mostly potted trees that cast lovely, dappled green shadows over the smooth metal floor, she'd never seen anything like it in her life; not even in the greenhouses! Off in the distance she could see the academy greenhouse itself, taller than the one she'd worked in; wider too. She couldn't imagine what it had to look like inside, what it took to properly raise the dragons. Especially the draft beasts.

'I'll be taking your things inside, Miss Gray. You will remain here until the instructor comes to meet you and the other students, the driver said, unloading Charlotte's trunk from the car. 'They should be arriving soon.'

Post  Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:14 am

{YESYESYESYES!
    Will be posting soon here ;3 WIP! ^^
    So happy fsjd;lag ;v ;}

An island, full of clean, flawless buildings and grass, was a wonderful looking place. It was literally flawless, in fact, nothing broken or wrong or out of place. It made Kala feel a bit nervous and apprehensive- what if she couldn't follow along? What if she didn't fit in as well as she was expected? She didn't think she would face big problems, but still...being nervous was natural.

She looked down at her white apparel, a simple dress that came to her knees. It was polite and appropriate for the first day at the academy, she had thought. Then she took in the surroundings more carefully. Kala heard the sound of the skycar departing, as Kala was now fully on the sky island with her little luggage and whatever she needed.

With a hopeful smile which was meant to reassure herself, Kala looked around for other students. Perhaps she could make..friends, even if they were slightly older than her. She was sure there will be quite queer people here, but still, some may be great companions. Perhaps. This was a new beginning, kind of, a chance she could act on her own without her family and all just behind her back.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:48 pm

(I hope that this is okay?)

Zara sat in the skycar, back straight and hands folded on her lap. No emotion crossed her face as she calmly gazed out the window, drinking in the scenery. The vehicle slowed to a stop and she stepped out, careful to keep from tripping over her dress. Her mother had insisted in her looking nice in the academy, supposedly for her benefit. But Zara really knew that it was all so that the Ashton family looked good, finally putting the eldest daughter to use.

But this day was the last that she would have to please her parents. Smoothing the silky gray dress Zara held her head high, gazing straight ahead with piercing eyes. She sent a single longing glance towards the bag that held her more comfortable every-day clothing before starting forward. Small embroidered dragons danced along the hem of her gown as she made her way to the elaborate academy building. Lush greenery surrounded her, but barely caught her eye. Today was the day where she was no longer bound by her family, but became her own person.

I wonder who the other riders are going to be? Zara thought to herself as she looked about for anyone who seemed new. Butterflies danced in her stomach as she really considered what was happening. A new place, no one familiar, nothing of her old life that she knew. Zara forced the thoughts out of her head, and instead wondered about the other riders. I hope they are interesting. she thought to herself, looking out at the lush greenery.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm